Yay first award for the blog! I was super surprised to get nominated for the Libster Award by both Katie at Doing Dewey and Emma at A Wordless Blogger. When I first got the notifications there was some dancing around the kitchen. So thanks so much ladies!!
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1.List 11 Random Facts about you
2.Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
3.Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
4.Notify the bloggers of their award.
5.Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 Random Facts
- I was voted ‘Most likely to read every book ever written’ in middle school
- I don’t like Indian food (I think it’s the texture)
- I went to the midnight showing of the all of the Harry Potter movies from Goblet of Fire on.
- I named my dogs after Star Trek characters.
- In February I finished a half-marathon (it was slow but I finished)
- I have been drinking coffee regularly since I was 16.
- I’m usually on time, but when I’m late it’s always by at least 15 minutes.
- My favorite color is green.
- On my bucket list is to set foot on all 7 continents.
- I’m think people who say they don’t like chocolate are lying.
- I’m pretty sure in 5 years we’ll be using Amazon to get everything.
Katie’s 11 Questions
- How did you get started blogging? I started this blog on February 5th after I decided I wanted to start dipping my toe into the internet aspect of the literary world. I usually have strong opinions about books so I figured doing book reviews would be a great way to get started.
- Do you have a favorite genre? I tend to be a bit all over the place and will try anything once. If I had to just just pick one though it would probably be fantasy.
- What was the last thing you read, watched, and listened too? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling, BBC’s Sherlock (highly recommend that too) and my Easy Listening Station on Pandora (while at work)
- What are your hobbies? Aside from reading and blogging? I have a vegetable garden in my backyard.
- Of the books you have read this year, which is your favorite? I really do love Harry Potter.
- Where would you go for a dream vacation? Mediterranean Cruise
- Are you a cat person or a dog person? My two puppies will tell you we are a dog house.
- Do you always match your socks? Always
- Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate!
- Ebooks or hard copies? I am a huge fan of ebooks from the library, but if I really love something I need my own hard copy.
- Do you play an instrument? If so, which one? I did play trumpet back in school…even was Vice-President of Tri-M at school.
Emma’s 11 Questions
1. Where are you from and would you like to live there forever? I am in one of the major cities on the east coast. Probably won’t stay here forever, but will end up back in the area I grew up in.
2. Have you ever lived in a different country? No matter how long. Nope…USA!
3. Are you part of any fandoms? Oh yeah. Pretty much all the major ones except Doctor Who. Was always most active in Harry Potter though.
4. Is your blog focussed on one particular thing? (books/movies/travel etc) This blog is all about books and mostly book reviews.
5. Are you a student or do you have a job? If so, what do you study/what’s your job? I’m out in the real world with a real job (hence the pen name and vague answer about where and when). I work in data analysis.
6. What was your favourite subject in school? And your least favourite? I loved math and hated English (ironic for a book blog right?)
7. If you could do anything with your life, what would it be? Probably this full time, maybe also breed dogs if I could do it on place with some land.
8. What is your favourite way to procrastinate? Pinterest.
9. Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr? Twitter
10. What was your favourite movie growing up? Beauty and the Beast…still think it’s a classic.
11. What do you like best about yourself? I like to think I’m the person who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
As Katie said (sorry I’m just going to go ahead and quote you directly) “The Liebster award is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs (less than 200 followers) worth reading. The idea is to show some support to new bloggers by featuring some that you like.”
Now as I’ve been thinking about this I realized that I’m pretty horrible and don’t follow a ton of new blogs. So I’m going to start with these three and try and come back with Part 2 featuring more down the road.
My Questions for the Nominees
- What’s the first book you read that really stuck with you?
- Who is your favorite literary crush?
- What is a non-reading guilty pleasure?
- What’s the last thing you read, watched, listened to?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- Do you listen to anything while you’re reading?
- What’s your favorite thing to snack on?
- Are you part of any fandoms?
- E-books or hard copies?
- If you could visit any moment in time, when/where would it be?
- What is one item on your bucket list?